How To Update Wood Paneling Without Painting
Do you feel stuck wondering how to update wood paneling without painting? I decided to use the term stuck because this is how I felt when I was searching for fresh ideas to help me upgrade the old-dated wood paneling in our summer family house out-of-town.
But as I didn’t want to use paint to freshen up the panels, I stumbled across some difficulties before being able to find practical and easy ideas which don’t involve paint or stains.
Below, I am sharing a quick, easy, and smart list of wood paneling makeover ideas (and I bet you will find something useful to try out)!
What You Will Need To Follow This Tutorial
Mason Jars Wood Paneling Fresh Design
- Several glass mason jars
- A string / a cord
- Adhesive strips/hooks
- A hot glue gun
- Candles/ Dry herbs or flowers
A Quick Pro Tip
Opt for lightweight mason jars (such as jam jars) because adhesive strips or hooks will not be able to hold the weight of heavy jars. Instead, go for small-sized jars of different colors and shapes for a more attractive decoration and upgrade to the boring wood paneling.
You can also place succulents in the mason jars. Succulents will allow you to freshen up the wood panels without having to spend too much energy on taking care of the plants.
Read More: How To's & Woodworking Techniques [List 1]
Redecorate to Update Wood Paneling Ideas
- Hanging tapestry
A Quick Pro Tip
The list of materials compiled above does not aim to make you use ALL of the suggested items. However, you can always choose to apply various combinations of these materials according to your personal preferences.
Read More: How To's on Wood Paneling [List 1]
- How To Hide Paneling Seams
- How To Pickle Wood Paneling
- How To Make Wall Panels With Molding
- How To Install Wood Paneling On Walls
- How To Cover Fake Wood Paneling
- How To Decorate A Living Room With Wood Paneling
- How To Decorate Around Wood Paneling
- How To Update Wood Paneling Without Painting
- How To Make Wood Paneling Look Like Drywall
Read More: How To's, Techniques and Tips [List 1]
- How To Stop Sap Coming Out Of Wood
- How To Seal Wood Without Changing Color
- How to Make Cardboard Hard Like Wood
- How To Round Wood Edges Without Router
- How to Bend Wood Without Steam
- How to Transition Between Two Different Wood Floors
- How To Make Wood Drawers Slide Easier
- How To Stencil On Wood Without Bleeding
- How to Flatten a Workbench
- How To Make a Wood Table Top Smooth
- How To Age Wood With Baking Soda
- How to Whitewash Dark Wood Furniture
- How To Make Slime With Wood Glue
- How to Burn Wood with Electricity
- How To Apply Water Based Polyurethane To Wood Floors
Step By Step Instructions: Updating Wood Paneling (no Painting Involved!)
Hanging Mason Jars Design
Step 1 – Prepare the mason jars
Image Credit: diyprojects.com
Before you proceed with hanging the mason jars, you can also try to make these look even more spectacular by adding a little bit of extra color, glitter or any other decoration which will help to bring life to the outdated wood paneling.
Next, with the help of a glue gun, wrap the string around the throat of each mason jar and tie it well.
Step 2 –Proceed with attaching the mason jars
Image Credit: homebnc.com
Read More: How To's & Woodworking Techniques [List 2]
Image Credit: architectureartdesigns.com [If you find the idea of hanging jars from the wall a boring one, you can try out hanging the jars from the ceiling]
Fill in the jars with succulents, candles, dry flowers, and/or herbs. Don’t be afraid to experiment. Plus, you can always easily change the jars’ decoration at any time. Don’t fill the jars with anything heavy, though. Remember that your goal is to make the jar hang safely to the adhesive strip or hook.
MUST SEE: Make 16,000 Projects With Step By Step Plans
Ted's Woodworking Plans contains complete instructions from start to finish, leaving absolutely no guesswork. Here is what you get:
- Step-By-Step Instructions
- Cutting & Materials List
- Detailed Schematics
- Views From All Angles
- Suitable For Beginners & Professionals
Read More: How To's on Wood Paneling [List 2]
- How To Make Wood Paneling Look Modern
- How To Make Wood Paneling Look Good Without Painting
- How To Lighten Wood Paneling Without Painting
- How To Paint Wood Paneling With Grooves
- How to Paint Over Wood Paneling
- How to Paint Wood Paneling
- How To Cover Wood Paneling Without Painting
- How To Decorate Wood Paneling Without Painting
Read More: How To's, Techniques and Tips [List 2]
- How to Remove Nails From Wood
- How to Resharpen a Japanese Ryoba’s Rip Teeth
- How to Sharpen Woodworking Tools
- How to Whitewash Pine Wood
- How To Modge Podge Pictures To Wood
- How To Apply Shellac To Wood
- How To Take Apart A Wood Pallet
- How To Install A Wood Accent Wall
- How to Do String Art on Wood
- How to Remove a Stripped Screw from Wood
- How To Upgrade Wood Frame
- How to Get Nails Out of Wood
- How to Refinish a Wood Table
- How To Make Vinyl Letters Stick To Wood
- How To Measure A Cord Of Wood
Attach the jars by aiming for different lengths of the hanging strings.
There’s no need for listing any steps here but only a couple of tips which will help you put your imagination down to work!
1 – Curtains are not only available in multiple textures and colors
These are also very easy to use and turn any ordinary surface into a piece of art. You can add a simple shelf beneath the hanging curtain as to put an accent on whatever you place on top of the shelf.
Image Credit: Pinterest
2 – Not all pictures will look great on wood paneling.
However, it can be worth experimenting. If you want to try out bringing the artist inside you to life rather than opting for somebody else’s masterpiece, you can check out this easy and spectacular DIY acrylic paint technique.
Read More: How To's, Techniques and Tips [List 3]
- How To Start A Fire With Wet Wood
- How To Stencil On Wood
- How to Finish Wood With Polyurethane
- How to Refinish Wood Dresser
- How To Age Wood Grey
- How To Apply Gold Leaf To Wood
- How To Apply Polyurethane To Wood
- How To Bend Wood With Water
- How to Burn Designs Into Wood
- How to Carve a Face In Wood
- How to Carve Wood By Hand
- How To Replace Wood Siding
- How To Split Wood With A Wedge
- How To Transfer Pictures To Wood
- How To Treat Pallet Wood For Indoor Use
Read More: How To's & Woodworking Techniques [List 3]
- How To Sand Wood
- How To Season Wood
- How To Spray Paint Wood
- How To Stack Wood
- How To Stain And Seal Wood
- How To Stain Wood
- How to Carve Wood
- How to Hand Plane Wood
- How to Paint Wood
- How to Cure Wood
- How to Petrify Wood
- How to Pickle Wood
- How to Preserve Wood
- How To Screw Into Wood
- How To Split Wood
- How to Find Wood Studs
Image Credit: Pinterest
3 – Hanging tapestries come in various designs.
Being effortless to place and very cheap – they can make a perfect solution for updating wood paneling!
Image Credit: Pinterest
Did you enjoy this tutorial as much as we enjoyed compiling it? It is sure wonderful to share what we have learned on our way as DIYers! We hope that these ideas on updating paneling without painting will inspire you.
Don’t forget to join us in the comment section below and add some of your personal tips or tricks to help the community. By sharing this content, you can spread the positive vibes and love for DIY crafts made easy.