Table of Contents Hide
Fabuloso is one of the most popular cleaning supplies in the market. The fact that this cleaner is a high-powered multi-purpose cleaner.
The cleaner is made of pH-neutral cleaner, which makes it perfect for any hard surface. That being said, the question of can you use fabuloso on wood comes up.
If that is what you’re wondering about, then this is where you find answers. The simple answer is yes.
There is a proper way of using Fabuloso for hardwood floors. Using this cleaner on wood floors is quite simple.
Before we get into the step-by-step answer to can you use fabuloso on wood question, the wood floor should be sealed for the cleaner to work.
In other words, a wood floor that does not have sealant will get damaged when Fabuloso is used.
Steps to use Fabuloso on Wood
Before going into the process of using Fabuloso, here are some supplies you will need:
- A vacuum cleaner.
- A gallon of water.
- A sponge.
- A pair of gloves (rubber gloves for cleaning).
- Clean water, as per requirement.
Step 1: Clean the floor
The first step in our can you use fabuloso on wood guide is to clean the floor or the area you want to use the cleaner on.
Make use of a vacuum cleaner to remove dust, grime, or dirt off the floor. These particles can get caught in the sponge when you clean the floor later and leave scratches.
So, sweeping or vacuuming will help you clean the surface properly. Another reason to clean the surface helps you see stains and different dirty patches on the surface as well.
Step 2: Creating Fabuloso Solution for Cleaning
Take ¼ cup of the cleaner, Fabuloso, and mix it with a gallon of water. You can make this solution in a container of your choice.
Make sure that the gallon of water is at room temperature. You can also make use of warm water. This will help you to make use of the antibacterial feature of the cleaner as well.
When you’re diluting Fabuloso to clean wood, remember to keep the ratio at 1:4.
Step 3: Applying the Solution on the Floor
The next step in our can you use fabuloso on wood guide is the application. Before applying the solution, make sure you’re wearing rubber gloves.
The cleaning solution could make your hands burn. To avoid accidental complications, use gloves. Once you put on gloves, get your sponge.
If you do not have a sponge, you can substitute it with a clean rag. The sponge and piece of cloth you will use to clean the wood should be clean. Dirty sponges and cloth pieces will leave smudges on the wood surface.
Next, dip it in the solution of water and Fabuloso. Once you do, all you have to do is use it on the wood. You can apply it directly.
If you have a larger space you want to clean, you can even pour the solution on the wood. After that, you can use the sponge or cloth to clean the remove stains and dirt off the wood.
Step 4: Rinse and dry the wood
The last step in our can you use fabuloso on wood guide is to rinse the solution off the floor or wood.
Make sure that you leave the floor to dry. Once the wood is dry, check if there are any stains left on the wood or floor.
If you see stains or patches of dirt, you can simply clean it off with the 1:4 Fabuloso and water solution. Then dry it off.
And that’s it!
What else do you need to know about Fabuloso’s use on wood?
Apart from the aforementioned steps, there are some other things you need to know about using Fabuloso on wood:
- Fabuloso can be used on any wooden surface. Although it is mostly used on wooden floors, as long as the wooden surface is sealed, you can make use of it.
- When you make the solution to clean wooden surfaces, make sure you do not let the Fabuloso solution sit on it for a long time. If you let it sit on the surface for too long, it can create small stains. And these stains would be difficult to clean off in the future.
- If you have children in the house, make sure that you keep them away when you’re cleaning the floors or wooden surfaces. Although the product is not harmful, young children can ingest it. This in turn can make the children sick and cause issues.
- If the wood surfaces have certain types of essential oils fused in, it could leave a weird smell behind. The smell will not stick around. But wood types with orange oil or clove oil tend to leave an unpleasant smell when cleaning products are used on it.
- When you use Fabuloso for cleaning wood surfaces you don’t have to worry about chemical fumes. The thing is, this product’s formulation was engineered without harmful chemicals that cause fumes. So, it is safe to use.
- Fabuloso’s use is not limited to wood surfaces alone. The 1:4 solution can be used in other areas of the house, including walls, tables, chairs, and other household areas.
- The cleaning solution also works as an amazing degreaser. If you have grease stains in any area of the house, a cleaning solution with Fabuloso will help you take it off. Remember, the surfaces have to be non-porous.
The real question is not can you use fabuloso on wood, but how to use it. Careful use of Fabuloso with water is important.
Although the guide above tells you to use a gallon of water, you can use it for smaller amounts as well. All you have to do is ensure that you maintain a 1:4 ratio. In other words, use one part of the cleaner to four parts of water.
Before you use the cleaner, you should check the type of wood you have. Always make sure that it is sealed, this part is very important.