How to Get Cat Pee Out of Wood
Want to learn how to get cat pee out of wood? Then you’re going to find this article very helpful. Cat pee smells strong at very unpleasant. It ruins the atmosphere and can make your home unattractive. This is why you need to learn how to effectively get rid of these unpleasant odors.
Getting rid of cat pee out of wood can be quite tricky if you don’t do your research. Fortunately, you came to the right place and it is our aim to give you easy to follow steps and instructions on how to get rid of cat pee out of wood.
But before we proceed with the process, let us first check the materials needed.
- Oil soap
- Warm water
- Soft and clean cloth
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Baking soda
Before you start getting cat pee out of wood, it is important that you check all the materials first. You also need to make sure that you check what kind of wood you are about to clean.
Some woods are sensitive to certain kinds of chemicals or solutions and so you need to make sure that you choose those chemicals that are safe and won’t harm the quality of the wood.
Read More: How To's For Cleaning & Removing Residue [List 1]
- How to Remove Heat Marks from Wood
- How to Get Oil Stains Out of Wood
- How to Remove Hair Dye from Wood
- How to Get Wood Stains Out of Clothes
- How to Get Pen Off Wood
- How to Get the Smell Out of Wood
- How to Get Stickers Off Wood
- How to Get Smoke Smell Out of Wood
- How to Get Hair Dye off Wood
- How to Clean Wood Table
- How To Remove Wood Stain From Clothes
- How to Remove Linoleum from Wood Floor
After gathering all your materials, the next thing that you need to do is to mix the oil soap and the warm water. Make sure that you dry the area thoroughly using a soft and clean cloth that won’t damage the quality of your wood items or furniture.
Image Credit: wikihow.life
If the cat pee odor still remains, then the best thing that you can do is to use vinegar solutions. Vinegar is known to effectively get rid of pee or urine odors. If the soap and water are not enough to get rid of the pee odors, then it is best that you start using vinegar.
What you need to do is to mix 1 part of vinegar and 1 part of warm water. Place it on a mister or sprayer and add some dishwashing liquid. Apply the vinegar solution to the area where your cat has urinated. It is important that you use a soft cloth to spread the solution and then allow it to dry.
Read More: How To's For Cleaning & Removing Residue [List 2]
- How to Clean and Preserve Old Barn Wood
- How To Clean Reclaimed Wood
- How to Clean Wood After Stripping
- How to Remove Water Stains from Unfinished Wood
- How to Get White Heat Marks Off Wood Table
- How to Dissolve Wood Glue
- How to Remove Polyurethane from Wood
- How to Remove Sap from Wood
- How to Remove Lacquer from Wood
- How to Remove Scratches from Wood with Vinegar, Lemon or Toothpaste
- How to Remove Silicone Caulk from Wood
- How to Remove Adhesive from Wood
- How to Get Rid Of White Mold on Wood
- How to Remove Spray Paint from Wood
- How to Remove Varnish from Wood
After the vinegar has dried out, you will then rinse it with water and dry clean cloth. There are also individuals who are using 3% hydrogen peroxide with water instead of vinegar.
Image Credit: expoclean.com.ar
Using baking soda over the pee area is also effective. Make sure that you leave the baking soda on the wood for at least 3 hours to absorb the unpleasant odor of pee and then scrub afterwards. You can repeat this procedure over and over again until the pee odor is completely removed from the wood.
Image Credit: anshin.biz
Also, if you have a cat pee odor removal kit, then it is best that you use it. You can easily find these products on your local pet stores. You can also buy them online. When searching for pet-odor removal kit, it is essential that you only choose those that have safe ingredients.
Read More: How To's For Cleaning & Removing Residue [List 3]
- How to Remove Gorilla Glue from Wood
- How To Clean Unfinished Wood
- How to Remove Wax from Wood
- How to Remove Duct Tape Residue from Wood
- How to Get Permanent Marker Off Wood
- How to Remove Paint from Wood
- How to Remove Latex Paint from Wood
- How to Clean Barn Wood
- How to Get Rid Of Water Stains On Wood
- How to Get Sticky Residue Off Wood
- How to Get Tape Residue Off Wood
- How to Remove Dried Paint from Wood
- How to Remove Veneer from Wood
- How to Take Stickers Off Wood
- How to Get Black Stains Out Of Wood
You don’t want to apply pet-odor removal kit to your wood that is strong and contains harmful chemicals. Resealing the wood is also a good idea of getting rid of pee on wood. You can sand the wood and refinish it after you have removed the unpleasant pee odor.
Of course, you need to consider what kind of wood you have and what kind of sandpaper you are going to use. You have to be extra careful when using sandpaper on your wood since it is possible that too much sanding can ruin the overall beauty of your item or furniture.
Image Credit: familyhandyman.com
By following these guidelines, getting rid of pee out of wood should become an easy task. There is no need for you to worry about whether or not you are going to get rid of the unpleasant odor.
These guidelines are not only effective but they are also safe for you, your family, and your pet cat. Again, when purchasing or using a certain chemical, you always need to make sure that you consider the health of your family and your pet first.
You don’t want to get cat pee out of wood using harmful or dangerous chemicals or solutions.
Read More: How To's For Cleaning & Removing Residue [List 4]
- How to Get Candle Wax off Wood
- How to Get Ink off Wood
- How to Get Super Glue Off Wood
- How to Remove Lead Paint from Wood
- How to Remove Dried Glue from Wood
- How to Remove Linoleum Glue from Wood
- How to Remove Oil Based Stain from Wood
- How to Remove Paint from Wood Trim
- How to Remove Stain From Wood
- How To Remove White Stains From Wood
- How To Remove Wood Glue
- How To Remove Wood Paneling
- How To Remove Wood Stain From Carpet
- How To Remove Wood Stain From Skin