Table of Contents Hide
- 1. Hanging Bunk Beds
- 2. No Ladder Bunk Bed
- 3. Loft-Style Bunk Bed
- 4. Triple Bunk Beds
- 5. Classic Looking Bunk Bed
- 6. Simple and Robust Bunk Bed
- 7. Junior Loft Bed For Younger Children
- 8. Detachable Bunk Beds
- 9. Loft Bed For Your Princess
- 10. Triple Bunk Bed Facing Different Directions
- 11. Floating Bunk Bed
- 12. Double Bunk Beds
- 13. Bunk Bed and a Sliding Trundle
- 14. Fold-able Bunk Beds
- 15. Triple Bunk Bed Plan
- 16. Curtained Bunk Bed
- 17. Easy to Build, Attach, and Detach Bunk Bed
- 18. A Cottage Loft Bed
- 19. Elaborate Bunk Bed for the Little Girls
- 20. Sturdy Bunk Bed
- 21. A Bunk Bed for a Cramped Space
- 22. Castle Loft-Style Bunk Bed with Multiple Features
- 23. A Simpler Bunk Bed with Multiple Features
- 24. A Modular Bunk Bed
- 25. A Bunk Bed for the Minimalist
- 26. A Bunk Bed with Just One Leg!
- 27. A Bunk Bed or a Bus?
- 28. Loft-Style Bunk Bed for Aspiring Firefighters
- 29. Converting The Crib Into a Loft Bed
- 30. A Simplistic Loft Bunk Bed
- 31. Kenwood Bunk Bed
- 32. Making a Low Loft Bunk Bed
- 33. Low Loft Bunk Bed with Desk
- 34. Additional Loft Bunk Bed to Your Pre-existing Bed
- 35. A House Skeleton as Your Bunk Bed
- 36. Cabinet Bunk Beds for Your Toddler
- 37. Industrial Style Bunk Bed
- 38. Built-in Bunk Beds with an Elegant Look
- 39. Bunk Bed with Cabinets
- 40. Playing with Curves and Straight Lines
- 41. Built-in Bunk beds
- 42. Built-in Bunk Beds with Unique Ladder Concept
- 43) Bunk Bed Frame Made from Wooden Pallets
41. Built-in Bunk beds
For parents who want the bunk bed of their kids to be more sturdy, this is a great option for you.
For this kind of bunk bed, the maker needs to have a huge frame where the bunks are installed. In this plan, it’s as if the bunk bed is installed in a huge cabinet.
Since the bunks are “built as a whole”, there is a remote chance that the whole bed will tumble due to rough play. After all, the whole bed is heavy and wouldn’t budge easily.
Climbing to the top bunk is also not a problem, as the ladder is similar to what you can find in houses. This will give you the assurance that even if that bunk will be occupied by a younger child, there is a lower risk that the kid will miss a step and fall.
42. Built-in Bunk Beds with Unique Ladder Concept
In this bunk bed plan, the maker wants to have a built-in bunk bed for the room. But instead of placing the typical ladder, he installed the ladder steps in a rope instead.
This bunk bed style will surely appeal to kids regardless of their gender. They want something exciting and thrilling, and being able to climb and even hang in the air for a while because the ropes is an experience that they like.
For parents, there’s no need to worry though. The rope is securely attached to the ceiling and the body of the top and bottom bunks, so your kids will not swing too far that it can cause them to hit other objects or even fall.
For those who are not familiar with built-in bunk beds, the maker provided the whole process and his experience of making it in his website, enabling even beginners to follow.
43) Bunk Bed Frame Made from Wooden Pallets
This is a very interesting and fun design. This is a bunk bed design that lets your kids sleep and play inside cabin-like beds. The sleeping area is comfortable with matching linens, pillow covers and sheer curtain covers for some privacy.
The bunk bed frame here is more than just a pallet bed frame. It also doubles as a bookshelf or simply shelves where kids can place their toys.
The entire structure sits on one corner of the room and is from the ceiling to the floor. Great care has been used to design this amazing kid sleeping and playing area but no doubt that this can be built even by someone with basic woodworking experience.
And because this is a kids’ bedroom furniture, always check for the strength of each and every pallet. Consider safe ladders and side rails for the top bunk. Kids can play and hurt themselves on the upper bunk so no roughhousing in this pallet bunk bed!
What do you think of our list on DIY bunk bed plans?
Bunk beds are great space savers in any household, as it gives people space for sleeping even if they can’t be in separate rooms. However, we want you to see the potential beauty that bunk beds can give to its users and to the homeowners.
The process of making bunk beds may be similar, but its types and endless potential for customization allowed us to present this list to you. We hope that by showing all of these potential designs, you can also make a unique bunk bed design that perfectly fits and complements your home.
If this list has helped you get inspiration, or you think somebody else can get inspiration from this, feel free to share this to as many people as you can.